Photos Worth A Thousand Words
Posted on May 16, 2016
We have heard it before, pictures are worth a thousand words & we are passionate about sharing photos with our audience for that very reason! Why is it so important to share photos with your text in your online marketing campaigns? Well, we live in the age of visuals. Everywhere we go, a message is being communicated to use through a photo. Instagram is one of the largest growing apps on the market & it is simply to share photos with.
Everyone has a camera in their pocket thanks to smartphones and so there is no need to explain something in writing when it can be captured and sent in a moments notice. Did you know: Ten percent of photos taken by humankind took place in the last 12 months? Isn’t that incredible?
Jeff Bullas shares some great tips with us:
If you have an online store, issue press releases or even just have a Facebook business “page”, then here are 6 reasons to publish images and photos as part of your business marketing tactics.
- Articles with images get 94% more total views
- Including a Photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%3
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results1
- In an ecommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
- In an online store, customers think that the quality of a products image is more important than product-specific information (63%), a long description (54%) and ratings and reviews (53%)
- Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text)
Contact Textus Marketing today for more information on getting your online marketing strategy on track!